Daisy Park Campground
Located only 30 minutes south of Grand Rapids, and 30 minutes north of Kalamazoo,
SON-Life Camp & Retreat Center's campground ministry exists to provide church groups and families with the opportunity to:
- Rest from a busy lifestyle
- Relax in the beauty of God's nature
- Reflect upon Jesus Christ and His Word
- Renew relationships with family and friends
20 grassy, tent/rv sites with water and electric on every site, along with a campfire pit and picnic table.
Modern bathhouse and shower rooms, coin operated laundry room, fish house (for cleaning your catch-of-the-day) and a Snack Shack were we sell pre-packaged candy and ice cream.
2018 Campground Rates
Daisy Park Campground will open in May for the 2018 summer season; however campground reservations open in January 2018.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
Check-out: 2:00 p.m.
Sunday through Thursday nights
- $30 per site which includes one household or up to four unrelated people.
Weekend and Holiday Rates
Friday & Saturday nights
Holidays include Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day
- $38 per site which includes one household or up to four unrelated people.
- $5 for each additional person per night who is not a part of your household or for more than four unrelated people. Household is defined as immediate family living under one roof or parent(s) and their minor children
- $10 Early Arrival Fee - arrive any time after 11 a.m the day of your arrival and only available if site is not occupied by another guest. Please contact the office to confirm site availability.
- $10 Late Departure Fee - departing by 6 p.m. the day of scheduled departure and only available if site does not have another guest scheduled for arrival that same day. Please contact the office or campground hosts to confirm site availability.
- A $125 fine will be issued to any person(s) responsible for the flipping of the swim rafts.
Waterfront / Beach
The waterfront area is located a short walk from the campground facilities and is shared with retreat groups. The beach and waterfront equipment — rowboats, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and paddle boards — are available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge. This area is available for:
Swimming - roped off shallow and deep swim sections. (Personal flotation/life vests available free of charge)
Boating (NOT in swimming area; life vests MUST be worn)
Fishing (NOT in swimming area)
Blobbing - This activity must be staffed by trained SON-Life Camp staff and therefore MUST be scheduled 3 weeks in advance, requires 12 person minimum and is $5/per person to participate.
Playground & Sandbox
1/2 Court Basketball
Group campfire ring and screened-in pavilion
The group campfire area and pavilion can be reserved free of charge for church/family group use. Please call the office to coordinate times and make reservation.
On-Site Activities for additional fee of $5/per person and MUST be scheduled AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance (12 person minimum):
Use of the playing fields, gaga, or any activities located in the Retreat Center area must be coordinated with the office or Campground Hosts (on site 1).
A full set of guidelines will be sent to you with your registration confirmation or you will find them in the welcome packet at your camp site. Here are a few that address common questions.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Pets: Please keep all family-friendly pets on a leash less than 6' long at all times and clean up after them.
- Prohibited Substances: Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited on camp property. No smoking is allowed in any building. No guns or target shooting is permitted.
- Boats: Our boats are available for free on a first-come-first-served basis. You may carry in your own boat. ONLY electric trolling motors are allowed. All boaters must wear a life jacket.
- Church Groups: Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. Cancellations with more than 90 days notice will receive a full refund minus a $10 administration fee. No refunds can be given with less than 90 days notice.
- Families: Reservations may be made six months in advance. Cancellations with 10 days or more notice will be given a full refund minus a $10 administration fee. No refund can be given with less than 10 days notice.
- Waterfront: The waterfront is open until dusk. There is no lifeguard on duty. A $125.00 fee will be issued to any person(s) responsible for the flipping of any swim rafts.